American Fan :)

A warm welcome to all our foreign friends. Please feel free to post messages here in English only
Plaats reactie
Slappy
Steward

Hello all!

New here and just wanted to introduce myself!

Am a teacher by trade and have been an AZ fan since my main man Jozy was here(Should never have sold him!) And then of course enjoyed watching Johannsson play here also!

Not sure how many other American fans there are, but we are the best club in the Netherlands by far!

Good season for us last season and looking forward to this one also, especially if we can get into the ECL.

We have a bright future I believe.

Is it ok for me to post in English in other parts of the forum? If easier, I can translate into Dutch using Google before I post if that is better for everyone.

Thank you!

8)
American Fan! :-D
Forza AZ
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Slappy schreef: 03 aug 2022, 00:50 Hello all!

Am a teacher by trade and have been an AZ fan since my main man Jozy was here(Should never have sold him!) And then of course enjoyed watching Johannsson play here also!

Not sure how many other American fans there are, but we are the best club in the Netherlands by far!

Good season for us last season and looking forward to this one also, especially if we can get into the ECL.

Is it ok for me to post in English in other parts of the forum? If easier, I can translate into Dutch using Google before I post if that is better for everyone.

Thank you!

8)
Welcome.

It is no problem to post in English. Most users will be able to understand it, and if not they can always just Google Translate if they want to read your messages.
Fanatic

Welcome :D English is fine, there have been a few discussion in English recently (and most Dutch people have a decent English-level haha)

Whereabouts in the US are you from?
Van Alkmaar begint de victorie
differentcook
Harde Kern

Thank you!

8)
I understand the English, but not you saying that last season was a good one :roll:
we can come an end
Slappy
Steward

072 schreef: 03 aug 2022, 07:19 Welcome :D English is fine, there have been a few discussion in English recently (and most Dutch people have a decent English-level haha)

Whereabouts in the US are you from?
Thanks friend and I am from North Carolina :D
American Fan! :-D
Fanatic

Slappy schreef: 04 aug 2022, 01:53 Thanks friend and I am from North Carolina :D
Ah cool, I've travelled around there a bit a few years back haha (Asheville/Blue Ridge Mountains and Wilmington), liked it a lot
Sir Robbert
Reservespeler

Welcome! And ofcourse feel free to post in English, everyone will understand, most will reply in English, some will reply in Dutch.
italiaanse_dude
Steward

Welcome!
Should you come to Alkmaar to watch a game, let us know! :)
Shota-Arveladze
Ben-Sider

If you know any good american players that would fit AZ (playstyle and price) then post it in Schaduwelftal topic :D
"One swallow does not make a summer"
Grifo
Oude garde
Contacteer:

Thank you!

8)
Welcome! To be honest, we didn't have the money to keep Altidore back then. We just came out of a financial cricis due to bankrupcy of our sponsor and owner, and we needed the financial addition to his salary from his previous employer to keep him on the payroll (which ended after the season before he was sold) as well as the transfersum for the balance.

Keep in mind, even though almost all of us could speak English quite well, our discussions are in Dutch. I have no problem whatsoever to reply to your English posts in English, but I won't do so to other people, even when you are involved (unless they replied in English as well).

Always nice to see our overseas supporters finding their way to the forums though. Hope you sometimes find the time to be part of the discussions!

Thanks for kicking off this thread, Slappy! I saw that you're in North Carolina - I live in Chicago, but I have family in NC and know the state well.

I've been looking for a Dutch team to support and I think AZ has my heart. As a Fulham fan, I could never throw my full support behind a huge club like ajax. Where's the fun in that!? I don't know much about AZ yet, but I'm excited to be part of the community!

For all you Nederlanders, I visited for the first time in October and I fell in love. I was only able to see Amsterdam but I'm already planning my return. This time I'll definitely plan to spend a few days in Alkmaar!
AZ-073
Invaller

Mihailovic Madness schreef: 27 jan 2023, 05:51 Thanks for kicking off this thread, Slappy! I saw that you're in North Carolina - I live in Chicago, but I have family in NC and know the state well.

I've been looking for a Dutch team to support and I think AZ has my heart. As a Fulham fan, I could never throw my full support behind a huge club like ajax. Where's the fun in that!? I don't know much about AZ yet, but I'm excited to be part of the community!

For all you Nederlanders, I visited for the first time in October and I fell in love. I was only able to see Amsterdam but I'm already planning my return. This time I'll definitely plan to spend a few days in Alkmaar!
Welcome to the club!
Kristen Nygaard: Wat een parel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOoIME2NSG0"
Fanatic

Mihailovic Madness schreef: 27 jan 2023, 05:51 Thanks for kicking off this thread, Slappy! I saw that you're in North Carolina - I live in Chicago, but I have family in NC and know the state well.

Alkmaar is def the better city of the two (and AZ the better club) :D
differentcook
Harde Kern

A few hours will do :wink:
(greetings from Nijmegen)
we can come an end
Mihailovic Madness
Teletext-supporter

Thank you for the welcome everyone! Ever since my trip, I've been trying to learn een beetje Nederlands. Hopefully following along with the game threads will help out a little bit. Duolingo and Drops can only help so much :lol:
SimonPoulsen
Co

Mihailovic Madness schreef: 27 jan 2023, 17:59 Thank you for the welcome everyone! Ever since my trip, I've been trying to learn een beetje Nederlands. Hopefully following along with the game threads will help out a little bit. Duolingo and Drops can only help so much :lol:
Hey man, welcome. I think most people wouldnt mind you posting an english comment at times in the other threads. Might be hard for google translate to keep up with posts of some guys on here :lol:, sometimes even us native speaking users cant make sense of what some people post :wink: . But we all share the same love for our team, atleast thats the idea :D

And.. spread the word in the US! We still need a new shirtsponsor for next year!
Plaats reactie